Monday, February 1, 2010

Re: new updates to trip journal posted

Hi John,

It is really a matter of degree and circumstances. I suppose that I'd
have worked to find a few folks that would have been ok company if I
were alone, but there is no need to do that with much better full time
companionship. So I think that these people are just a little worse
than on some high end cruises I've been on. As far as I can tell, it
seems that Silversea must have sold this cruise segment aggressively
to a new Australian market, and these Aussie guests are really out of
their element. They have money but don't know how to enjoy the style
of the ship. Plus the weather has been cloudy and the seas a little
rougher than a lake but by no means a problem for such a long
distance. There were also 5 days straight at sea with the skipping of
Thursday Island. That's a bit daunting to first timers I suppose.

All in all, we are having a fantastic time. Will post the pix and a
short set of my impressions on the fantastic day tour yesterday to
Borodudur later today or tomorrow. Today we are about to go to a
little (really little) island in the Java sea for a beach BBQ. This
will be the only opportunity on the cruise for fun in the surf and
maybe some snorkeling. Temps are 90ish already. Of course, we're at
less than 6 degrees South latitude.

Mike

2010/1/31 Orr, John A. <orr@wpi.edu>:
> Sorry about the fellow passengers on your cruise!
> John
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael Borsuk [mailto:mike@mborsuk.com]
> Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:45 AM
> Subject: new updates to trip journal posted
>
> I have caught up on my summary trip journal with the visit to Bali
> yesterday and a number of musings today off the Java Sea. I will post
> pictures and descriptions of the visit tomorrow to the World Heritage
> Site of 1150 year old Borobudur, the largest  Buddhist monument in the
> world.
>
> My journal is at cbu-sin.blogspot.com
>
> Barbara is posting her more detailed (factual?) accounts at
> barbaramaus.blogspot.com .
>
> As they continue to say on the ship, enjoy.
>
> Mike
>

No comments:

Post a Comment